-
June 7th, 2002, 10:09 AM
#11
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rar:
Sounds thematically similar to "Wizard of Oz". ie. Dorothy confronting different aspects of her personality (intelect[Scarecrow], emotions [Tinman], courage [Lion]) following the death of her parents.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, also, I was thinking about having her friends play the different people. The whole things lacks punch though. Yes, she's feeling alone but its difficult to portray that unless you have a top class actress.
Actually, thinking about it more, the whole thing is a bit pretentious, I mean it seems like the middle of the story is purely concocted to add some kind of meaning to the film. Look at the basic story : Girl feels lonely > leaves party > meets odd people > realises she isnt alone > come back home.
Unless its a music video, the whole thing requires much more a story, there would have to be some kind of a build up to this event.
It sounds like you have just watched 'Ghost World', in fact it sounds exactly like that. Without presenting the characters for this film, it sounds exactly like a condensed version of Ghost World.
I'm not so sure about this now, personally, I'd leave this idea. But work on the girl who feels alone - its a good foundation to apply anything to. But make sure she is alone at the end rather than "then she came home and realised she wasnt alone at all".
-
June 7th, 2002, 07:58 PM
#12
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, she's feeling alone but its difficult to portray that unless you have a top class actress.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
You could try to dress everyone else in gray shaded clothes and her in a bright color or...
You could try to light her diffrently than the background and everyone else to it look like she's doesn't belong in the picture Or...
You could try to blur her (or the background) in every scene to make it seem like she is (or is living in) surreal
Just to name a few.
-
June 7th, 2002, 08:39 PM
#13
Inactive Member
-
June 8th, 2002, 03:44 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I was planning to make it a short.
Anyway, I have actually seen Ghost World but I thought of the idea before I saw it.
Or mabye I am just ripping off Alice in Wonderland or the Wizard of Oz without consciencelessly knowing it.
I do that sometimes.
Oh well, I'm making it whether you like it or not. You'll see!
I will keep you updated.
-
June 9th, 2002, 02:23 PM
#15
Inactive Member
the story lacks.
'a girl rides a bus and experiences weird things'
not really something you want to sit through... UNLESS:
you make the experiences really entertaining, and make the viewer wonder what they'd do in a situation like that, etc.
Or make it more philosophical like the ones said above.
THe movie can be very cool, but you have to realise that the experiences have to be THAT cool/weird/etc to make the viewer wonder what the **** is going on and what on earth can happen next.
oh well thats how i see it, but i just think movies have to entertain
-
June 9th, 2002, 02:45 PM
#16
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by emjen:
the story lacks.
oh well thats how i see it, but i just think movies have to entertain</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
See fast food thread.
-
June 10th, 2002, 10:26 AM
#17
Inactive Member
in the end everything is a form of entertainment.
If you think about a film you've just seen because there was this philosophical theme in it you still have to comprehend, then you were also entertained in some sort of way. And the good thing is, you're still thinking about it. That thinking is what defines a film from other films.
-
June 11th, 2002, 01:58 AM
#18
Inactive Member
"Everybody makes their own fun, if you don't do it yourself, it's entertainment."
-David Mamet
-
June 13th, 2002, 06:40 AM
#19
Inactive Member
another clichez movie script
-
June 13th, 2002, 08:09 AM
#20
Inactive Member
*clich?*
How is this script clich??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks